In the year 2010, following studies are conducted to enable the project to understand the present status of bio-resource and their use and we shall be able to organize training and capacity building on bio-resource for industries and local stake holders. It will also help for establish the mechanism of Access Benefit Sharing (ABS).
Referring the study of Alien and invasive species, to know effect on socio-economy. This study will help in making people aware and how to control the invasive species. The studies have been conducted by Institute of Forest Productivity (IFP), Ranchi.
The main objectives and aim for the proposed study are as follows:
- Documentation of industries using bio-resources and inventory of bio resources use in industries for commercial and general purposes for the entire Jharkhand state –
Aim: To implement the Access Benefit Sharing mechanism & enlisting of the Bio-resources and their use.
Objectives: Assessment of total number of Industries/units dependent upon bio-resources and thereby summing up the total quantum of bio-resources being used.
Status: Final report has been submitted by IFP, Ranchi.
Survey and data collection for alien and invasive plant species in the two districts- Latehar and Hazaribag, their occupied area and its impact –
- Phyto-sociological analysis of flora of Latehar and Hazaribag districts.
- Documentation of Invasive plant species in agriculture and non-forest areas.
- To access the floristic diversity and regeneration status of flora
- To access the damage by invasive species on floristic and regeneration of forests.
- Assess the economic use and related aspects of invasive species.
Aim: Compilation & documentation of Biodiversity related materials at present scenario.
Status: Final study report has been submitted by IFP, Ranchi. (Click here view/download report)