To implement the biological diversity act, 2002 in the state of Jharkhand, India-UNDP Project has selected two districts namely – Hazaribagh and Latehar. Local communities have been approached by conducting awareness & sensitization programmes in both the districts.
Various workshops were organized in the district Hazaribag & Latehar which are given below:
|Dates – 24thJanuary, 2010Venue– JalimaTheme– About Biodiversity Act & its importanceParticipants– Member Secretary, JBB; Forest Officials; University professors; UNDP Project Personnel; local NGOs; Social Activist; EDC members; villagers & Press-media.||Dates – 13thFebruary, 2010Venue– NIC, BetlaTheme– About Biodiversity Act & its importanceParticipants –Forest Officials; University professors & experts; UNDP Project Personnel; local NGOs; Social Activist; Students, EDC members; villagers & Press-media.|
|Dates – 24thDecember, 2010Venue– Dr. Radhakrishnan Hall, VBU, HazaribagTheme– Biodiversity MeetParticipants–RCCF, Hazaribag, Forest Officials; University professors & experts; Representatives from line departments; Technical Support Group members; UNDP Project Personnel; local NGOs; Social Activist; Students, EDC members; villagers & Press-media.||Dates – 6thFebruary, 2011Venue– Kanchanpur Village in Kechki PanchayatTheme– About BMC formation & Biodiversity Act & RulesParticipants– Mukhia and Ward Members of the panchayat; Forest Officials; UNDP Project Personnel; Social Activist; EDC members; villagers.|
|Dates – 26thFebruary, 2011Venue– Rajderwa, Hazaribag Wildlife SanctuaryTheme– About BMC formation & Biodiversity Act & RulesParticipants– Mukhia and Ward Members of the panchayat; Forest Officials; UNDP Project Personnel; local NGO; EDC members; villagers and Press media.|
|Dates – 26thMarch, 2011Venue– Nawadih School, Kutipici PanchayatTheme– About BMC formation & Biodiversity Act & RulesParticipants – Mukhia and Ward Members of Kutipici & Reber panchayat; Forest Officials; UNDP Project Personnel; local NGO; EDC members; villagers and Press media.|
Date: 19th February, 2011
Venue: Nature Interpretation Centre, Makulakocha, Dalma, Jamshedpur
Theme: Biological Diversity Act & Rules and formation of BMC
- Shri A. K. Gupta, I.F.S., Member Secretary, JBB –cum– Chief Conservator of Forests, Wildlife & Biodiversity, Jharkhand.
- Shri S. Kazmi, I.F.S., Conservator of Forests, Wildlife, Jharkhand.
- Shri A. T. Mishra, I.F.S., Divisional Forest Officer, Wildlife Division, Ranchi.
- UNDP Officials – Shri S. K. Dey, Shri Manish Kumar, Shri Sunil Kumar.
- Range Forest Officer and other forest officials from Dalma region.
- Villagers & Panchayat members of Chilgu-Chakulia & Asanbani Panchayats.
Workshop focuses points:
- A brief about the Jharkhand Biodiversity Board and UNDP Biodiversity Project.
- Biodiversity, BD Act, its importance, sustainable use and its benefit.
- Formation of BMC and their role.
- Structure of BMC.
- Powers & responsibilities of BMC and funding, accountability of BMC.
- People’s Biodiversity Register (PBR) and its importance.
- Selection of BMC.
- Questionnaire in open forum by participants presided by Shri A. K. Gupta, Shri S. Kazmi, Shri A. T. Mishra, Shri S. K. Dey, Shri Manish & Sunil.
Date: 18th October, 2011
Venue: Hotel Capitol Hill, Ranchi
Theme: Wildlife & Wildlife Conservation in Jharkhand
List of participants:
- Mr. A. K. Singh, PCCF, Jharkhand
- Dr. A. K. Malhotra, PCCF, Biodiversity Conservation, Jharkhand
- Mr. A. K. Gupta, CCF, Wildlife & Biodiversity, Jharkhand
- Senior Forest Officials
- Universities Professors & HODs
- Director & representatives of different institutions
- Representatives of NGOs
- College & University students
- UNDP representatives
- Print & Electronic Media
Workshop of Technical Support Group & Stakeholders
A meetings/workshop has been organized involving TSG & BMC members and other stakeholders of Latehar district on 24th July, 2011 at NIC, Betla. Member Secretary, Jharkhand Biodiversity Board, Ranchi was also present in the workshop.
In this meeting a detailed discussion was held about the role and function of BMC & TSG, BD Act, importance of PBR and accountability of stakeholders.
List of participants:
- Member Secretary – Chief Guest
- Mukhias of Dhangartola, Karwai & Kechki panchayats
- Dr. D. S. Srivasvata, Chairman, TSG, Latehar
- Conservators of Forests, Core Area & Buffer Area
- TSG members, Latehar district
- Professors of University, Daltonganj
- Forest Officials
- BMC members, Dhangartola, Karwai & Kechki panchayats
- UNDP team
Workshop was organized for the members of Technical Support Group, BMCs including other stakeholders on 9th November, 2011 at Hotel Mayuri Regency, Hazaribag. The workshop was started with welcome folk song by the villagers. A detail discussion was held about the Biological Diversity Act, importance of PBR and the support extended by TSG.
SPU, Jharkhand team made a presentation on the ongoing activities in Hazaribag district. In the presentation, list of selected panchayats along with BMC details and a report on PBR were shown.
List of participants:
- Mr. Ravindra Kumar Mishra, DFO, Hazaribag Wildlife Division
- Dr. M. Raziuddin, Chairman, TSG, Hazaribag
- Dr. Ayodhya Singh, Member, TSG, Hazaribag
- Dr. J. Dubey, Member, TSG, Hazaribag
- Mr. Murari Singh, Member, TSG, Hazaribag
- Mr. Satyaprakash, Member, TSG, Hazaribag
- Manager, NABARD, Hazaribag
- Forest Officials & staffs
- Representatives of Neo Human Foundation (NGO)
- Mukhias of Kuttipici & Bhelwara panchayats
- BMC members from Nayakhap, Bhelwara, Danr, Pauta & Kuttipici Panchayats
- Beneficiaries of mushroom culture
- Media persons
- UNDP-SPU BD team